Thursday 19 April 2012

Wednesday activity

It was a better day for walking the streets today and I managed to deliver to the new houses at Pickaquoy Loan and from there around and up Hatston Brae to Grainbank. Also Ayre Mills.
Road safety and further housing developments in the Grainbank area were topics on the agenda.
Someone phoned today too and specifically asked about why the council doesnt register how councillors vote on each decision. I am happy enough for people to know how I voted, and most votes do get done in public but the extra admin of recording how everyone votes has just not been put on paper as it will take a minute to do and it has never been an issue. Anyone in the public viewing gallery could see how councillors voted by the show of hands - but I accept that the wider public dont know that. I dont think there is any intention to be secretive, just practically getting on with the business without too much delay. If I get in I will raise it at council.

No comments: