Thursday 12 April 2007

Entry sent to the Orkney Today for article for paper on the 19th April

Hello
I live in the ward and was born and brought up in it. Also, from 1999 to 2003, I worked as the councillor for "Pickaquoy". For these reasons I care about the area, I know a lot of the people living there and I am aware of many of the issues that are important.
Covering a larger area than before, with the differing needs of a rural parish population and a Kirkwall urban area, the new ward will be more difficult to represent than before. Although I know Kirkwall best, if elected I will strive to be fair and representative to all the people in the ward.
This is easy to say, but I do have a proven record of holding public meetings and of actively consulting and participating in community groups in the area - to keep me informed and in touch. I will make a commitment to hold regular surgeries in local halls in Kirkwall and in Orphir, to meet people in their homes to discuss issues, and to chase matters up with the relevant departments.
I do have policies and more information, but have passed my allotted 200 word limit, so refer you to my website (www.moodieforkirkwallwestandorphir.blogspot.com), or phone me on 875969 and I can arrange to visit you.
Thank you.

No comments: