Saturday 28 April 2007

Sorry I have not updated the site all week.

It has been a busy week with a Hustings in Orphir on Monday, Hustings in Kirkwall on Thursday, helping with the MS Art Exhibition through the week and then helping at the MS Art Auction on Friday night (the auction raised about £7000 and with the raffle I think the total will be about £9500 ! ).
I was out posting leaflets in doors and speaking to people in the Quoybanks area on Saturday - a beautiful day.
Things that came up were slowing down the cars in built up areas, noisy and disruptive neighbours, and bad footpaths and poor lighting.
The roads footpaths and lighting should be easy enough to sort out, with the 4 councillors working together this should be able to be sorted out quickly.
Noisy neighbours will require the help of the police, but must be tackled.
If elected, I will not be frightened to tackle difficult matters like this.

I was stunned at the poor quality of some of the footpaths and some of the windows in houses, which were rotten (I presume these are council houses that have been bought out, but if they are council houses, I will be asking to have this replaced).

I will try to keep it updated more often this week.
If I do get in at the election I intend to keep the website and to update it to let you know what I have been up to - because I think councillors need to be more accountable to the people in the ward, and let them know what is going on.

No comments: